My name is Jeffrey Van der Koon and I'm your photographer ...
My goal is simple; to produce top quality artwork that captures my visions of the world. To paraphrase John Muir, most people seem to be simply on the world. I strive to be in the world and not just a passenger on it! When traveling, I will often "shun-pike", taking US Highways, byways and back roads instead of an Interstate. Traveling at the speed of blur is fine for many people, but I enjoy seeing where I'm at and where I am heading. The world can be a fascinating place if we take the time to experience it!
In my art, I want to create not just an image, but a reflection of what I experienced at that moment in time. I work to capture not only the visual experience, but the emotions that I felt and present it to you in such a way that you can not only observe, but can participate. If I look at a new piece of artwork and feel like I can walk into it, feel the rain, hear the Egret or smell the breeze, I know that I've succeeded in achieving what I'd set out to create.
Contrary to some opinions, the process of creating art is not a solitary endeavor. It is above all a conversation. It is an experience and it is emotional. It is about "give and take" and the exchange of ideas and experiences with everyone that views a piece of artwork. We all see and experience the 'real' world and the artwork that interprets it in our own ways. You may love my work or you may not like it at all. But, that's OK because we've had a chance to exchange thoughts and ideas. Perhaps, I've even peaked your interest enough for you to seek out the location that I'd visited and to experience it yourself first hand.
I sincerely hope that you enjoy this site and that you take the opportunity to share your thoughts or similar experiences by commenting within the gallery.
Jeffrey Van der Koon
Our Commitments to You ...
- During your first year of ownership, you may return or exchange your piece of art for any reason. Simply contact us for instructions and return the artwork in resalable condition for either a refund of the artwork's price or to exchange it for a piece of equal value.
- Each piece of artwork is personally created by me or under my direct supervision. This means that I can personally share how your artwork was created and the story behind each image depicted.
- Each piece of artwork is created, using the highest quality materials. We use archival materials and follow 'best practice' matting and presentation preparation techniques currently available.
- If a problem with either workmanship or materials in your artwork is discovered, we will replace that image. We stand behind our work and our workmanship.
- If your artwork is damaged, we will repair or replace it at cost (plus shipping). We want you to be able to continue to enjoy your artwork despite life's little unexpected adventures!
- All images are available framed or unframed.
- All fiber images are matted to better present and protect your investment.
- All canvas images are coated with an Eco friendly, water based protectorate. This coating seals and protects the image surface, improving archivability and simplifying the maintenance of your artwork.
- We will ship your artwork to your home, office or the address that you desire.
- We carefully prepare and insure each piece of artwork that we ship.
- You will receive an informative handout that outlines the 'Care and Feeding' of your artwork.
- You will receive a copy of these promises with each purchase.
- We are available to personally help you and to answer your questions.
© Jeffrey Van der Koon